Saturday, October 11, 2008

Sweet & Sour Spareribs

2-3 lb bonless pork ribs
salt & pepper
1/4c each onion, green pepper & celery; chopped
canola oil
1 T cornstarch
2 1/2c crushed pineapple w/juice
2 T butter
4 T rice vinegar (I used white since that is what I had)
1 T soy sauce
Preheat oven to 400. Line a large shallow pan w/foil. Season ribs w/salt & pepper & place in pan. Cover w/foil & roast for 30 min.
While meat is cooking saute veggies in small amount of oil for about 5 min. Sprinkle in cornstarch & stir; then add pineapple, juice & butter. Cook & stir over med-high heat until boils then add vinegar & soy sauce.
Remove meat from oven & carefully remove top foil & pour excess fat/juice out of pan. Pour pineapple mixture over meat & place back in oven. Turn down heat to 350 & bake for 45 min.
I served with rice.

I got this from GTU

0 comments: