Thursday, October 30, 2008

Make Ahead Meatballs

This receipe is great because it makes a ton! I usually make it the night before I make Meatball Stew (I will post tomorrow) & then put the rest in freezer bags for other meals & since they are already cooked you just have to reheat them!!

4 eggs
1/2 c finely chopped onion
2 tsp worcestershire sauce
2 c dry bread crumbs
1 Tbs salt
1/2 tsp white pepper

Mix well. Add 4lb lean ground beef & mix well. Shape into 1 inch balls. Place in single layer on cookie sheet & bake @ 400 for about 10-15 min (I usually cook them longer because I am kinda paranoid of under cooked meat!). Turn a few times while cooking.
Remove from oven & drain. Cool.
The receipe says that it makes 5 batches but I seperate it into 4 so that each batch is about a pound.
Can be frozen up to 3 months.

1 comments:

irbuanosraL said...

These look really good--