Sunday, February 1, 2009

Wheat Chili

I have become obsessed with food storage & here is a VERY Yummy Chili made from wheat! I am making this for the Super Bowl today.
4-6 c steamed wheat (I have a super easy way to steam wheat- slow cooker! Put 3 c water to every 1c wheat & put on high for 3-4hrs)
1 lb ground beef, browned & rinsed/drained
1 lg onion, chopped
1/2 green pepper, chopped
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp garlic powder
1 clove garlic, diced (opt)
1 tsp oregano or cumin
1 qt whole tomatoes (I used diced because Drew doesn't like chunks of tomatoes)
1 qt tomato juice
2 c tomato sauce

Combine all & simmer in lg pot for 1 1/2 hrs OR 3 hrs in crock pot. Add a pinch of brown sugar at the end.

Garnish with cheese, olives, sour cream & chips.

0 comments: