Something that you must know about me as a cook, I never make exactly the same thing twice . . . I use what I have, which means that I was looking for a way to use the purple basil, parsley, garlic, tomatoes, and cucumbers from our garden and remembered that italian dressing is made with equal parts oil & vinegar; and of course, I LOVE PASTA. Anyway, with that fore warning here is my recipe for Pasta Salad:
1/4 cup vinegar
1/4 cup vegetable oil (or olive oil)
fresh parsley, chopped
fresh basil, chopped (purple basil adds more color)
1 small clove garlic, minced
2 green onions, chopped (about 1/4 cup)
salt
pepper
2 medium tomatoes, diced
1 medium cucumber, diced
4 cups cooked, drained, cooled pasta (rotini, shells, macaroni, tri-color all work)
olives (optional)
It is best to use a container with a lid. Then as you add ingredients, you can put on the lid and shake to coat all ingredients equally. I usually go in the order the ingredients are listed ending with the pasta. Cover & refrigerate for several hours or overnight for best flavor.
Optional: use your favorite italian dressing instead of the oil, vinegar, garlic, and spices.
Optional: If it is too strong, add more pasta and veggies.
Optional: sprinkle sunflower seeds on top of individual servings
More optional ingredients: cooked cooled carrot slices, peas, diced peppers, corn, canned & drained kidney or garbonzo beans, shredded/cubed cheese
Friday, August 29, 2008
Pasta Salad
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment