Monday, March 31, 2008

Tuscan Grilled Steak and Potatoes

Ingredients:
1 lb sirloin, tenderloin, tri-tip, porterhouse, or rib-eye steaks

1 T salt
1 tsp. ground black pepper
1/2 cup chopped fresh rosemary leaves
4 cloves garlic, cut into slivers
1/2 cup olive oil

1 lb potatoes, par-boiled and cut into 1/2 inch thick slices
1 large onion, sliced into 1/2 inch thick slices

4-6 cups fresh spinach leaves
2-3 tomatoes

Method:
Place steak in a shallow pan. In a small bowl, combine the salt, pepper, rosemary, garlic, and oil. Rub both sides of the steaks with half of the mixture.
Pour the remaining mixture over the sliced potatoes and onion. Toss well.
Heat grill to high, then when hot, add steaks, and reduce heat to medium and cook until done. While steaks are cooking, add the potatoes and onions to the grill and cook for 10 minutes, turning over once. When ready to serve, place the fresh spinach leaves on a platter, cut steaks into thin strips and lay on the spinach leaves. Place the potatoes and onions around the steak. Place tomatoes on top of everything. Serve at once.

Liz's notes: Fresh rosemary is a must for this recipe, don't even think about using dried rosemary. When I cook the potatoes and onions I put them in a aluminum foil packet, that way I'm not spending forever turning little bits of onion and potatoes over and watching them fall through the slats of the grill.

This recipe is my and Marco's favorite. It's really healthy. Yes, it can take a while but it is soooo worth it. I promise.

1 comments:

Kristi said...

Thanks Liz, looks yummy. I will be trying it this week!